Most people tend to think of an abdominal six-pack when you mention core strength. However, abs are not the same as your core strength.
We all use our core strengths for daily tasks. So, if you've ever tied your shoes or pushed a cart in a grocery store, chances are you've used your core strength to do these tasks. But that is not all because our core strength plays a critical role in maintaining our posture and balance.
Keeping your core muscles strong is vital for supporting the spine and increasing your general fitness. Here are body transformation exercises to help you out.
Why Is Core Strength Important?
It also enables more efficient and easy movement, helping us improve our performance and avoid any injuries.
Here are some simple, basic exercises to improve your core muscle strength.
The Bridge Exercise
This exercise is for people who are just starting out or haven't worked out in long a period of time. With this pose, you use your glutes to lift up your hips. As a result, you train your core while toning your thighs.
Here's how to do it:
- Lay down on your back, plant your feet on the ground, and bend your knees.
- Keep your palms on your side
- Now tighten your glutes and your core. You do this by inhaling and imagining you’re drawing your belly button to your spine.
- Now raise your hips above the ground.
Here’s another classic exercise to help strengthen your core. This is a basic exercise that helps you work your abdominal muscles while engaging your upper body muscles.
- Lie down on your back with your feet on the ground and knees bent. Don’t forget to keep your knees apart.
- Put your hands below your head and contract your abs.
- Inhale deeply, then exhale and lift your upper body and bend toward your navel
- Ensure that your neck is relaxed
- Inhale and resume the starting position
We recommend you talk to a physical trainer or enroll in a personal training program if you're just starting out. That's because they'll help you understand the number of reps and sets you need to do to achieve your personal fitness goals.
Join us at Knew You if you want to improve your core strength and become fit.
Knew You is a renowned in-person and online fitness program that offers a holistic fitness experience that ensures you become a better version of yourself. Our personal trainer for body transformation will help you start your journey through one-on-one online fitness coaching and in-person personal training.
So, enroll in our 6-months body transformation plans, 1-year body transformation, and 1-month transformation plans.